双语美文:你的出现 照亮了我的十二时辰

出自:英语美文  发布于:2021年10月12日

You ordered large fruit punches all around.你为店里的客人们点了大份的水果酒

The kids were so happy.孩子们高兴坏了

You asked about our adobo pizza,你还问我们店里的卤肉披萨好吃吗

said the kids were interested,你说孩子们都很感兴趣

I told you you wouldn’t regret it.我告诉你,点一份,你肯定不会后悔

The little one asked for a mini adobo fried rice omelette.你的小女儿说想要迷你卤肉披萨,炸薯条和柠檬水

You said whatever she wants.你说就依她的办

I asked if anyone wanted anything else.我问有没有其他人想点别的东西

The big kid wanted the lechon sisig cheese fries.大孩子想要菲式口味的奶酪炸猪肉

You said before anything else,你说,首先

what was my total at.我一共要付多少钱

I told you about $34.我告诉你,大概34美元

You politely said no,你礼貌的说,不对

that would be it.这样才对

I noticed the two $20s you had crumpled in your hand.我注意到你手中有两张揉皱了的20美元的钞票

My father, raised me and my brother pretty much by himself我想起了我的父亲,他养活了我和我的弟弟,基本上全凭他自己

and even though we struggled,虽然我们生活艰辛

he always made sure we ate.他却总能保证我们有饭吃

I lost him last year.去年我失去了他

Now I don’t know此刻,我不知道

if these kids’ mother was not in the picture,这三个孩子的母亲是不是也不在了

or just at work or something,或者只是在上班,或者其他的情况

but it was just so nice to see a father being good to his kids.但看到一个父亲对自己的三个孩子这样慈爱,我仍感到欢喜

I wish I could have given you those lechon sisig cheese fries.真希望我能亲手把奶酪炸猪肉端给你

But all I could do但我唯一能做的

was keep those fruit punches coming to your kids,就是不断的把水果酒递到你的孩子们手中

who were chugging them down enthusiastically,看着他们兴冲冲的大口吞下手中的饮料

but being so polite.言谈却十分礼貌

I wanted to just take those fruit punches off your tab;我真想在你的账单上划去水果酒的费用

I would have paid for them myself我本打算自己支付那些水果酒的费用

(I wouldn’t steal from work)我当然不会让自己工作的店蒙受损失

but the owner was right there.可是老板就在那里

I then wanted to give you big jumbo cups to go后来我又想给你换成可以带走的超大杯

so your kids could take home all the fruit punch they wanted这样,你的三个孩子想把多少水果酒带回家都可以

(something we offer to those who ask,)我们一般会对想要买超大杯的人提供这种东西,

but I was rushed to cash you out.但我不得不尽快给你结账

All I could do was give you the best service I could,我唯一能做的就是向你们提供最好的服务

despite it being busy尽管我十分忙碌

and other customers being demanding,尽管其他的客人都在吆喝

and say, "Happy Early Father’s day"我只能说一句“父亲节快乐”

when I cashed you out.然后把零钱递给你

I hope that was enough to show you希望这足够让你看到

how much just you and your three kids’ presence made my day.你和你三个孩子今天的表现,如何让我的一整天充满幸福

But the look in your eye when you said,我看到你眼中的神情,当你说

"Thank you, I really appreciate it,"“谢谢你,我很看重你的祝福”

told me that you sincerely did.这让我知道,你一定明白了我的意思

热门英语美文
最新英语美文